Birth Date: May 7, 2010
Diagnosis: Stage 4 Neuroblastoma
Theme: Zelda Videogame
Due Date: August 1, 2022
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
2. April N - MO - Etsy CupOfFantasy - BOTW Heart Container - NA - Red & gold
3. Debbie S - AL - Etsy BritoThreads - Legend of Zelda Minish Cap Stained Glass - NA - Zelda looking left, holding sword
4. Doreen P - IL - Etsy WhiteRavenPatterns - Game Silhouette - NA - Link holding sword & shield, silhouette filled with forest design
5. Sandra P - MA - Etsy BritoThreads - NES Legend of Zelda Sampler - NA - Weapons, hearts, potions, etc.
6. Becky L - UT - Etsy CrossStitchCi - One More Dungeon - NA - Link, seated, facing front, playing video game
7. Ellen S - NZ - Etsy GlitchStitchDesigns - Breath of the Wild Logo - NA - Large "Z" with vertical sword
8. Janis A - MI - Etsy AbbieSueDesigns - Link - NA - Standing, facing forward
9. Carolyn P - MA - Etsy SCRixelsStitches - Hyrule Stables - NA - Colorful tent
10. Mariela R - NY - Etsy JeyMakesThings - Majora's Mask - NA - Colorful, full front facing
11. Sharon H - UK - Etsy HappyLittleMouse - Mountain - NA - Link surveying kingdom
12. Tami L - UT - Pattern Maker Self Design - Link & Princess Zelda - NA - Link in front, holding sword & protecting Zelda behind him
13. Jackie B - NC - Etsy AbbieSueDesigns - Zelda Figure - NA- Standing, facing forward
14. Dawn O - IL - Etsy CrochetADreamToday - Link Inspired Stained Glass Window - NA - Link w/ sword & shield, facing forward, stained glass background
15. Carol H - PA - Etsy - Legend of Zelda Sheikah Font
16. Kayla E - CA - Etsy AwesomePatternStudio - #P064 Legend of Zelda - NA -Link, Zelda & Ganondorf, circular design
17. Louise P - UK - Etsy CraftyGamerUK - Major's Mask - NA - Colorful mask w/ ray type bottom, adding border for size
18. Gina E - IN - Etsy SeptemberLight - Power-Wisdom-Courage - NA - 3 words w/ symbols representing each
19. Mary D - IL - Etsy AvocadoStirchery - Link the Wind Waker - NA - Link wearing green w/ blackwork background
20. Stephanie H - WI - Country Magic Stitch - Hylan Shield - NA - Shield w/ crest of Hyrule & Triforce, Sword behind
McKay was originally diagnosed with Stage 4, High Risk Neuroblastoma in February 2014, when he was 3 years old. He underwent 17 grueling months of treatments ... which included chemotherapy, tumor resection surgery, MIBG therapy (out of state), high dose chemo, stem cell transplant, radiation, and immunotherapy. At the end of his treatment, he was considered to be NED (no evidence of disease). He went on to do an additional 2 years of a maintenance therapy aimed at keeping the cancer in remission. He also suffered from high frequency hearing loss as a permanent side effect from one of the chemo therapies he had.
After 5 1/2 years of being NED, and being considered "cancer-free" officially, in February 2021 (the exact weekend as his original diagnosis), at the age of 10, we found out that McKay had relapsed with Stage 4 Neuroblastoma. It was a shock to all of us, doctors included, because he had been NED for so long. The chance of the cancer coming back was so extremely slim at that point.
To date, he has undergone 18 rounds of chemo-immunotherapy, and 14 rounds of radiation ... which has brought on success mostly. In February 2022, we found out the the cancer was beginning to progress again, and we are currently seeking different treatment options that may bring him back to a NED state.
McKay is a strong warrior who never gives up. He may be quiet at times, but he never complains, never asks "why", or "why me", or "why again". He trusts his doctors, and us ... his parents fully, and has complete faith.