Birth Date: December 27, 2016
Diagnosis: Hi-Risk ALL
Theme: Unicorns & Rainbows
Due Date: April 1, 2021
Lily started having a difficult time sleeping at night and would just randomly fall asleep anywhere. Right before diagnosis she started refusing to walk on her own. I was getting concerned about the changes I was seeing, but she had just turned 3, and I thought maybe she was just having a difficult adjustment. When I noticed the bruises on her legs and the petichaia on her skin I knew that she was definitely not ok. She was becoming very lethargic and couldn't function.
I took her to her pediatrician ,who squeezed us in last minute based off of a conversation we had, and she was sent straight to the children's hospital and diagnosed that day with leukemia. She had to have several transfusions immediately as her counts were severely low. We spent the next 30 days in the hospital due to complications. I watched my once healthy, happy 3 year old disappear before my eyes. She stopped walking completely while inpatient, and was constantly poked and prodded and pumped full of toxic chemotherapy drugs.
She is now in physical therapy and occupational therapy weekly to work on the normal every day activities that we sometimes take for granted. She has come a long way in the last 8 months, but will continue treatment until July of 2022. I am constantly in awe of all of the accomplishments she has achieved over the last few months. Even through all the trauma she has been through, she still manages to find a smile pretty much daily.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Angela T - CA - DMC - Pink Unicorn - NA - Facing right, front legs up, surrounded by flowers, change pink to purple
2 Doreen P - IL - Etsy AnnaXStitch - Rainbow Unicorn - NA - Head only, facing right, white w/ rainbow mane
3. Sandy G - VA - My-cross-stitch-patterns - Sleeping on Clouds - Pg 1 - Pink unicorn lying on cloud, facing right, moon in left background
4. Karen B - PA - Etsy SweetAnnet - Unicorn - NA - White, sitting facing forward, rainbow mane & tail, holding balloon
5. Ruth K - MO - Etsy AnnaXStitch - Unicorn with Wings - NA - Facing left, white w/ rainbow mane & tail
6. Amy H - PA - Etsy VelvetPonyDesigns - Geometric Unicorn - NA - Head facing right, geometric in pastels
7. Debbie S - AL - Etsy StitchingLand - Modern Unicorn - NA - Head facing right, floral rainbow-colored mane
8. Sandra P - MA - Etsy AnnaXStitch - Rainbow & Unicorn - NA - White w/ purple mane & tail, facing left & rearing, rainbow & 2 clouds
9. Gail S - MD - Stoney Creek's Wish It - Friends Cherish - Pg 9 - Two unicorns, sitting & facing each other, omit wording & add rainbow above them
10. Mary Z - CA - Etsy ClimbingGoatDesigns - Face of a Rainbow - NA - Multi-colored head, facing right
11. Hallie W - CA - Etsy EvasDesignsBg - Rainbow Unicorn - NA - White w/ rainbow mane & tail, crossing a rainbow bridge to left
12. Lisa S - MA - Etsy CountryMagicStitch - Never Stop Dreaming - NA - Unicorn w/ rainbow mane & tail, lying facing right, curled up under a rainbow
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED