Birth Date: October 11, 2011
Theme: Harry Potter
Due Date: February 1, 2021
Jude is a 3rd grader at South Highlands Elementary Magnet School. He enjoys martial arts with his dad, reading books, painting, baking with mom, and playing with his friends. He is a green belt in Taekwondo.
On a weekend in September 2019, Jude's dad and I were on an adult weekend getaway. When we got back home, Jude was complaining about chest pains. Jude is not a big complainer but he complained three times in 30 minutes. I stopped what I was doing and listened to his complaints. He said he was having shortness of breath, chest pain, and fast heart. Jude once had pneumonia and his pediatrician taught me how to listen to his lungs so I did. His lungs sounded cloudy, and his breathing looked a little off. I turned him around to face me so I could feel his chest. It was as though he was struggling to breathe. I saw bruising across his chest and up his neck to just behind his ear. I knew right away I needed to take him to the nearest medical facility. Within 40 minutes of arriving, we found out he had cancer.
The doctors at the time only gave us 2 days before they thought Jude might pass away. Fortunately St. Jude's stepped in and gave us bigger hopes. He was diagnosed with Stage 4 Non Hodgkins Lymphoma and the beginning stages of Leukemia.Our first time at St. Jude's was a month stay in ICU with collapsed lungs. Later we would learn through genetic testing that Jude has NF1 (Neurofibromatosis).
Jude has beat so many odds. Some that even his team have been so proud of. When we started treatment he lost 25 pounds. Now, even through chemotherapy, he is a healthier little boy. Jude hopes to finish this and start a Happy Cart like the one at St. Jude's at his local clinic. He wants to help bring happiness to other kids just like the cart at St Jude's brought him so many times. He would like to become a nurse or doctor to help take care of others just like him.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Ginny H - ID - Etsy AntiqueStitch - Slytherin Crest - NA - Slytherin House crest
2. Pam R - WA - Etsy UnovaCrossStitch - Sorting Hat - NA - Brown brimmed & pointed hat
3. Joan M - AZ - Lifted Spirited Patterns - Hogwarts Express - NA - Stamp design w/ train at 9 3/4 station
4. Jennifer P - NC - Etsy AntiqueStitch - Gryffindor Crest - NA - Gryffindor House crest
5. Sharon H - UK- Cross Stitch Crazy #264 - White Owl - Pg 66 - Owl w/ floating feathers
6. Sandra P - MA - Etsy AntiqueStitch - Ravenclaw Crest - NA - Ravenclaw House crest
7. Leigh M - TN - Etsy CrossStitchForYou - Harry Potter Heart - NA - Heart-shaped design filled w/ various Harry Potter items
8. Melinda S - GA - Etsy AntiqueStitch - Harry Potter Bookmarks - NA - Half images of Harry, Hermione & Ron
9. Julie L - PA - Etsy AntiqueStitch - Hufflepuff Crest - NA - Hufflepuff House crest
10. Jeanne O - TX - Etsy PersonalizedDesignUA - Hufflepuff Quote - NA - Sorting hat & quote
11. Carolyn P - MA - Etsy AvroraCS - Ron Weasley - NA - Picture of Ron w/ quote & his name on surrounding ribbon
12. Stephanie H - WI - Etsy AvroraCS - Golden Snitch - NA - Winged Golden Snitch
13. Karen B - PA - Etsy UniqueDoorSign - Hogwarts Shield - NA - Shield w/ all 4 house symbols & "H" in center
14. Debbie S - AL - Etsy XandraStitch - Magic Train - NA - Silhouette of Harry Potter facing left w/ Hogwarts Express on trestle inside
15. Tania S - LA - Etsy ThePatternMakerUK - Up to No Good - NA - Quote on ribbon-like scroll
16. Amy H - PA - Etsy CrossStitchRo - Expecto Patronum - NA - Profile silhouette of Harry, facing left, w/ stag inside
17. Elaine S - UK - Etsy LoLaLottaShop - Magic Cross Stitch - NA - Wizard w/ cauldron, surrounded by magical items
18. Tywanna J - NC - Etsy AvroraCS - Harry Potter - NA - Picture of Harry w/ quote & his name on surrounding ribbon
19. Laura E - MI - Etsy NikkiPattern - Hermoine Quote - NA - Silhouette facing right w/ otter inside & quote
20. Andrea B - CAN - Etsy GlueyBluey - Hufflepuff Traits - NA - List of traits
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED