Madison was diagnosed in January 2011 with a rare form of brain cancer. It's called choroid plexus .She was the youngest dx there at only 4 months old. She had a total of 11 cycles of chemo all before
she turned 1. To many MRI's, spinal taps and inpatient stays in that short 8 months. The Dr.s put her in remission when she was 13 months old but still was getting spinal taps, MRI's every 3 months . But unfortunately after her 9 month scan her Dr called and told us that she had relapsed with two new brain tumors. She immediately went in and had a port placed and began outpatient chemo. But Nothing was working and they wanted to send her home on hospice but that wasn't an option !!
September 11, 2013 she underwent another tumor removal and had a tumor marker test done and it came back with 4 different chemos/ meds that will hopefully get rid of her cancer/tumors. She started the treatment the end of September 2013 and she stopped treatment September 2017. It was a clinical trial. She got the news that she was NED in August 2019.
She continues to get MRI's every 6 months . She battles everyday with side effects that chemo and the cancer has left her including a shunt in her brain that malfunctioned twice last year and had to endure two more Brain surgeries in 6 months.
We just try to take one day at a time . She is 12 years old and. She is a true miracle !! She is now 2 years cancer Free. Our motto .. Stay strong and never give up !! Team Maddie Strong
Maddie did a clinical trial that saved her .
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Jennifer P - NC - Ravenclaw crest
2. Sally S - MI - New Dream Stitch (Etsy shop) - Stack of the 7 Harry Potter books with castle on top (only doing books because of size)
3. Janis A - MI - dinhapontocruz.com.br - Harry Potter. (face, hat, broom and logo) all stitched in black
4. Sandra H - TN - https://theworldinstitches.tumblr.com/search/harry%20potter - Gryffindor House Crest
5. Debbie S - AL - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1238450958/young-wizard- cross- stitch- patternharry? click_key=7e52c6ea5bcf4d3b39d88812e4ad94e966bf65c0%3A1238450958&click_sum=d31d29c2&ref=user_profile&sts=1 - Harry Potter with Hedwig on his shoulder and other related items around
6. Polly P - OK - Etsy - Crest of hog warts school of magic
7. Fran G - WI - Cross Stitch for you..etsy - Brown wizard hat
8. Susan L - MI - www.stitchfairy.com etsy - Items of Harry Potter - hat, books, glasses, magic potion, magic wand
9. Emily A - OR - https://www.theworldinstitches.co.uk/blogs/blog/free-harry potter- house-crest-cross-stitch-charts - Hufflepuff Crest
10. Sandy S - MO - https://theworldinstitches.tumblr.com - Slytherin Crest
11. Leigh G - TN - https://www.etsy.com/listing/1089038985/ - Yellow, black and green sampler with multiple Harry Potter symbols
12. Carolyn P - MA - Etsy MIYA stitch - It is the wizard with an envelope in its mouth -- inside the wing is the castle
13. Carol H - PA - Etsy - Words - Hogwarts Will Always Be There to Welcome You Home
14. Carol M - AZ - Etsy - Young Wizards, Harry, Hermione and Ron
15. Amy L - VA - Etsy - HP Marauders Map, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good" surrounded by the footprints from the Marauders Map
16. Shellmare S - WV - Etsy - Dumbledore Turn On The Light, Dumbledore's quote, from The Prisoner of Azkaban, is a great reminder to anyone going through a tough time, or just a poignant saying to remember to see the good in things.
17. Mariela R - NY - Etsy - Deathly Hallows (upper left pattern) - Deathly Hallows with forest at night in the background
18. Pam R - WA - Etsy - Wizard in Training - Words Wizard in Training with glasses and wand
19. Karen - PA - Etsy - Magic Train - Silhouette of HP head with train and bridge
20. Ashley R - TN - Etsy - Wizard Cross Stitch - LOVE square with glasses and 9 3/4