On New Year's Day 2019 Jaymes woke up not being able to feel his body from his neck down. Doctors thought he might have just woken up during REM sleep. In February he had a Grand Mal seizure. They did a CT scan and saw he had a chronic infarction on his brain. Jaymes had had a stroke. He was diagnosed with Epilepsy. Jaymes spent many days in the hospital receiving fluids. Due to the high dose of medicine he needs to take, he becomes severely dehydrated. The medicine destroys the sodium in his body. The dehydration causes more seizures. The medicine also causes exhaustion. He had to miss several school trips because a nurse can't accompany him, and the school is afraid to have him on the bus.
We waited months for an MRI that was finally done on June 5th. The neurosurgeon called the next day and told us to come in the following day. He showed us the scans. Jaymes had a brain tumor and it needed to come out. The concerning issue was it affected his motor cortex on the left side of the brain. Jaymes is a righty. They did a resection of the tumor and he lost the fine motor skills in his right hand. Doctors had to pull out. With determination he was able to regain function of his hand. Removing the entire tumor would need the benefits to outweigh the risks. Jaymes would lose full function of an arm or leg or both.
He goes for many MRIs and tests to see if the tumor has grown. Right now it is low grade (slow growing). If that changes they will restart radiation or have to remove more. Jaymes is a brave, strong 11-year-old boy. He has a big heart. He receives help in school. Because of the tumor he has learning delays. He has been through a tough road but together we have this. Jaymes also wants to make people aware of brain tumor and help other kids.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Carolyn P - MA - Stoneycreek.com - Oh, My Deer - NA - Head and neck of deer looking at a dragonfly
2. Gwenda L - FL - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Landscape Bear - NA - Bear silhouette w/ night sky, trees & stars inside, facing left
3. Karen B - PA - Etsy AltonEmbroidery - Bear - NA - Bear silhouette w/ sky, mountains & evergreen trees inside, facing right
4. Fran G - WI - Stoney Creek's Cabin Classic - Tree #1 - Pg 2 - Evergreen trees w/ sun in upper right corner & colorful border
5. Sandra P - MA - J. Crews' Omnibook #7 - Celebrate Nature - Pg 46 - Deer standing in grass w/ trees in background
6. Susie K - WA - Cross-stitch & Needlework magazine - Deer in Forest - Pg 54-55 - Side view in grass w/ trees
7. Sandy S - MO - Sport & Game #1 - Black Bear - Pg 1-2 - Standing w/ paw on log
8. Peggy G - FL - Stoney Creek's In The Woods - Raccoon - Pg 8-9 - Lying on a tree branch
9. Ginny H - ID - Stoney Creek's Nature's Companions - Beavers - Pg 20 - Beaver pond w/ 2 beavers, dam & trees
10. Pam R - WA - Etsy PatternArtCollection - Deer Silhouette - NA - Buck silhouetted against night sky w/ moon & trees
11. Carol L - PA - Etsy StitchyLittleFox - Forest Stag - NA - Buck silhouette in green w/ forest pattern inside
12. Tywanna J - NC - The Deer Book #1 - Baby Fawn - Pg 2- Fawn standing in foliage
13. Susan L - MI - Imaginating - Adventure Awaits - NA - Mountains & trees
14. Rita L - MI - Leisure Arts' Wilderness Winter - Elk - Pg 9-10 - Standing w/ foot up, snowy landscape & trees
15. Lisa B - NY - Etsy PRINTandDECOR - Acadia National Park - NA - Mountains, trees & lake w/ small deer in foreground
16. Lisa T - AZ - Stoney Creek's Reptiles & Amphibians - Frog - Pg 12-13 - Frog on rock in water w/ plants, sun & dragonfly
17. Carol H - PA - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Landscape with Moon - NA - Triangle-shaped design w/ mountains, moon, clouds & trees
18. Pam T - TX - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Mountains - NA - Quarter moon shaped design w/ mountains, lake & trees
19. Jean B - PA - Mary Hickmott's New Stitches - Bluebell Woods - Pg 66-67 - Path through woods
20. Bonnie W - WA - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Landscape w/ Moon - NA - Moon, trees & stars
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED