Birth Date - April 29, 2004
Diagnosis - T-Cell Lymphoma
Theme: Sun, Moon & Stars -
with Navy Blue
Due Date: June 1, 2020
We were in Hawaii visiting Carly's Grandpa for Christmas 2018. The first week of the trip went fine. On the 31st she complained her shoulder was really aching, and ibuprophen didn't help. The pain woke her at 2AM, and her breathing seemed to be impaired. We took her to an InstaCare, but it was New Year’s day and they were closed. We took her to Honolulu's Kapiolani Childrens Hospital. After an x-ray and CT scan, her diagnosis was a very rapid growing cancer. We were advised to take her home right away while she was stable enough to fly.
On January 3rd we were on a plane headed back to Utah. The trip was terrifying, with so many thoughts running through our minds. We went directly from the airport to the Childrens Hospital in Salt Lake City. Carly was admitted inpatient and remained there for 30 days. Within a few days of our arrival and after more testing, Carly's diagnosis was Non-Hodgkins T-Cell Lymphoma.
Carly's initial extensive treatment should have been for nine months. That had to be extended to 11 months due to set backs that occured. It has been a rough year. A year of clinic visits and treatments and surgeries. But most of all a year of dedication on behalf of Carly, a 14 year old with courage, strength and every other emotion that would go through anyone faced with this "overnight" diagnosis of a life threatening disease. One year of a teenagers life put on hold, unable to go to school, and just hanging on day by day to conquer things that normal people can take for granted.
Carly will continue with regular treatments for another 1.5 years. Her complete treatment time is 2.5 years. A journey indeed, and still more mountains to climb. Recent CT scans have shown no visibility of cancer or cancer cells. So we are turning a large chapter in the book of life and putting it behind us. Carly has recently returned to school after a one year absence.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Ginny H - ID - Etsy CiocoCrossStitch - Sun & Moon - NA - Multi-colored sun/moon face
2. Susie K - WA - Etsy DianaShopUkraine - The Sun - NA - Smiling Celtic sun in multi colors
3. Jennifer P - NC - Etsy TheIndigoMitten - Mystical Sun - NA - Sun face in gold, navy & deep red
4. Sharon H - UK - Magical Cross Stitch - Rainbow Pegasus - Pg 10 - Pegasus flying through planets
5. Gwenda L - FL - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Sun - NA - Sun face w/ rays in blues to purple & pink
6. Sandra P - MA - DMC.com - Half Moon - NA - Quarter moon, sun rays & stars
7. Jani P - CT - Dimensions kit - Count the Stars - NA - Sun, moon, stars & Saturn
8. Debbie S - AL - Etsy DianaShopUkraine - Celestial Bodies - NA - Sun, moon & stars
9. Janis A - MI - J. Crews' Let the Sunshine In - Mother Nature - Pg 13-14 - Sun face inside navy floral circle
10. Angela T - CA - DMC.com - New Moon - NA - Full moon face w/ stars & clouds
11. Ellen S - NZ - Ursula Michael - Celestial - NA - Smiling sun & moon w/ planet & stars
12. Bonnie W - WA - The Cross Stitcher 8/94 - Celestial Delights - Pg 25-27 - Winking sun w/ border of suns, moons & stars
13. Kaye S - OK - Leisure Arts' Heavenly Afghan - Sun - Pg 2 - Sun face in yellows & oranges
14. Alexia R - MN - World Around You - Sampler Art of Mexico - Pg 80 - Moon & sun
15. Mary Ann M - MO - crosstitch.com - Le Lune - NA - Sun & moon in blue & aquamarine
16. Ruth K - MO - DMC.com - Quarter Moon & Sun - NA - Surrounded by blue clouds
17. Jackie B - NC - Etsy DJStitches - Ocean Sunset - NA - Sun sinking into ocean w/ additions as requested
18. Sandie L - OH - crosstitch.com - Le Soleil - NA - Sun face w/ blue rays
19. Sandy S - MO - ASN's Sun, Moon & Stars - Mister Sun - Pg 4 - Smiling sun face
20. Julie L - PA - ASN's Sun, Moon & Stars - Mister Moon - Pg 11 - Last quarter moon face w/ scattered stars
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED