Birth Date - May 31, 2016
Diagnosis - B-Cell ALL
Theme: Christian -
with age-appropriate designs
Due Date: May 1, 2020
In November McKinley became very pale. We took her to her primary physician and he drew blood. The doctor said her iron was low. We were sent home with a copy of the blood work results and iron medication. She kept getting more pale and eventually jaundiced looking.
I showed her blood work results to a nurse friend at church. She suggested I take her to a specialist to get a second opinion. McKinley started getting really weak and had no energy. She was sleeping all the time. We took her to the ER at East Tennessee Childrens in Knoxville on Saturday, November 30th. They looked at her previous blood work and knew right away something was wrong,
McKinley was admitted that night, and on December 3rd we found out for sure it was Leukemia. She has been getting chemo every Tuesday. At the end of December they will do more blood work and tests to see if she will be considered to be in remission. If so she will still be having maintenance chemo once a week for quite a while. She won’t be considered “cured” for up to two years with no flare ups.
We are still in the hospital right now ... over 3 weeks. We may get to go home in time for Christmas as long as she is fever free and her counts don’t drop any further. Her hemoglobin is very low and she has no neutrophils which help fight off infections.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Shendy M - OR - Gentle Thoughts II - Do All Things - Pg 6 - Kitten watching butterfly w/ "Do All Things With Kindness"
2. Angela T - CA - Pitiful Pals #1 - Sunshine Pal - Pg 11 - Teddybear w/ sun on shirt & "Jesus Lights Up My Life"
3. Julie L - PA - Precious Moments' Dear Jon - Friends are Heaven Sent - Pg 20-21 - Girl & boy sharing a lollipop w/ dog
4. Amy O - SC - Angel Stitchin' leaflet - God Loves the Little Children - NA - Title & hearts in primary colors
5. Sandra P - MA - Gentle Thoughts III - God Loves Us All - Pg 3 - Raccoon on flowery tree branch w/ title
6. Leigh M - TN - Gloria & Pat's God's in His Heaven - January - Pg 4-5 - Girl kneeling & praying beside bed
7. Rita L - MI - Precious Moments' May Only Good Things Come Your Way - I Believe In the Old Rugged Cross - Pg 20-21 - Girl holding a cross
8. Sharon H - UK - Gentle Thoughts II - Love is Patient - Pg 4 - Two puppies w/ flowers & "Love is patient. Love is kind."
9. Peg S - FL - Etsy CrossStitchRinna - Angel in Prayer - NA - Sideview of girl angel kneeling & praying
10. Fran G - FL - Leisure Arts' Simply Inspirational - Jesus Loves Me - Pg 7 - Two lambs on top of partial song lyrics
11. Debbie S - AL - Gentle Thoughts III - Love Thy Neighbor - Pg 5 - Two mice hugging on top of a toadstool w/ title
12. Kaye S - OK - Cross Stitch & Country Crafts July/Aug '93 - Noah's Ark - Pg 17 - Ark w/ water, Noah & animals
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED