Birth Date: August 11, 2014
Diagnosis: High-Risk B-Cell ALL
Theme: Landmarks & Travel
Due Date: April 1, 2020
Kellan is kind, thoughtful, and always eager to help. He can be quiet and shy, but don't let that fool you. He is one smart cookie. When he was 8 months old, we put him in swimming class and he learned how to float. At 18 months old, he knew all his ABCs, 123s and shapes. When he was 2 years old, he graduated from his swimming class, started word recognition, and slowly began reading on his own. We still remember at 3 years old, his preschool teacher pulled us aside to comment that she was shocked about his reading skills, and that he knew all the planets in the solar system. As parents, we are so proud of him. He loves school and adores his teachers and classmates.
On April 15th, 2019, everything suddenly changed. He was diagnosed with B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. Two weeks prior, Kellan started looking tired and we thought it was allergies. On April 9th, we noticed a rash and 2 lumps on his head. We contacted his pediatrician right away and were told they were swollen lymph nodes that might be caused by allergies. On the 15th, we noticed MORE lumps on the back of his head. One was very sensitive and painful. We took him to the ER. Tests were run and he was admitted immediately. As parents, our hearts broke into a million pieces when we were informed he has Leukemia.
Kellan can no longer go to school and continue any activities for an indefinite amount of time. This is devastating news for him. He will be receiving chemotherapy for 3 years, but until 5 years later we won't know if he will be cancer free. There are also many worries about how chemo will affect his body and growth, and the many things that may go wrong.
Kellan is in active treatment which started the week he was diagnosed. He will continue treatment until August 2022. It has been hard on Kellan with many hospitalizations from side effects. We just started a very intense phase (Delayed Intensification) in November and will likely be in isolation for neutropenia during the holidays.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Sharon H - UK - Self design per Mother's request - KELLAN - NA - Name w/ several London landmarks & Cancer awareness ribbons
2. Vicki S - SC - Stoney Creek's Landmarks Around the World - Eiffel Tower - Pg 12-13 - With sunset sky
3. Nancy F - IL - Aloha Tower - NA - Single pattern leaflet
4. Sandra P - MA - Caroletta Ingrando - Washington DC - NA - Map w/ landmarks
5. Fran G - FL - Stoney Creek's Landmarks of America - New York Liberty - Pg 4 - Upper portion of Statue of Liberty
6. Rita L - MI - Stoney Creek's Landmarks Around the World - Sphinx - Pg 10-11 - Eqyptian man/lion statue
7. Kaye S - OK - Travel the World in Cross Stitch - Australia - Pg 94-95 - Map w/ landmarks & animals
8. Ellen S - NZ - Stoney Creek's Landmarks of America - San Francisco - Pg 6-7 - View of Golden Gate Bridge
9. Jenny K - MO - Stoney Creek's Landmarks of America - Gateway Arch - Pg 10-11 - St. Louis arch
10. Gina E - IN - Art Venture - The Alamo - NA - View of San Antonio, TX landmark
11. Ginny H - ID - Etsy StitchArea - Adventure is Waiting - NA - Saying in circular design, in blue & black
12. Joan M - AZ - dailycrossstitch.com - Passport - NA - With impression of the world, flight ticket extending from top
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED