Birth Date: June 22, 2016
Diagnosis: B-Cell ALL
Theme: Favorite Things
(Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol, Sponge Bob, Cars, Dinosaurs, & Plush Elephants, Monkeys & Ducks)
Due Date: December 1, 2020
We took Kyler to Southwest Hospital on Saturday, May 30th. The Thursday before his mouth was bleeding a little. We thought he scratched it or brushed too hard, Friday he was fine, but then Saturday his mouth was bleeding a lot, he looked super pale, and he was dozing off when he'd only woken up 2 hours before. We found out his blood levels were extremely low. Southwest transferred us to Rainbow Babies and Children's Hospital. He received multiple blood transfusions for over 24 hours. Sunday the 31st he was given a battery of tests including x-rays and ultrasounds. Monday, June 1st his levels were high enough so he could be moved out of the PICU and into his own inpatient room.
On Tuesday the 2nd Kyler had a Bone Marrow Biopsy, which confirmed his Leukemia diagnosis and on Wednesday the 3rd he had his MediPort put in and his first Lumbar Puncture with Cytarabine chemotherapy. Thursday the 4th he started a twice daily oral steroid Dexamethasone and had his first weekly IV Vincristine treatment. On Sunday the 7th he had Pegaspargase chemotherapy. He stayed in the hospital receiving daily oral medicine and a few platelet transfusions until Thursday the 11th. On that Thursday Kyler received his second dose of Vincristine and his second Lumbar Puncture this time with Methotrexate chemotherapy and he was released to go home that evening. He continued receiving his oral medicine twice a day and on each Monday he has been having check ups to make sure his levels are staying on par with where they should be. On Thursdays he has his weekly Vincristine treatments.
On Thursday, July 2nd, it was the end of his 28 day Induction stage and we can see that his first phase of treatments seems to be working in his favor as his levels are still going up. On that day he also got another Bone Marrow Biopsy and Lumbar Puncture with Methotrexate. Friday, July 10th, we found out that thankfully all the leukemia cells that could be seen are gone and he is officially in remission. Consolidation begins on Monday, July 13th and hopefully it's as smooth as Induction was.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Gwenda L - FL - Etsy FreedomCrossStitch - Spongebob - NA - Standing on head
2. Sandy G - VA - my-cross-stitch-patterns.com - Spongebob - Pg Cartoons #4 - Standing w/ arms out
3. Carolyn P - MA - Etsy AnitaStitch - Peppa Pig Family - NA - 4 characters, standing
4. Fran G - FL - Etsy ValentiCraft - Marshall - NA - Paw Patrol fireman dalmatian
5. Louise P - CA - World of Cross Stitching #123 - Dinosaur Height Chart - Pg 79-83 - Mama Brachiosaurus w/ egg
6. Jeneen F - PA - twomagicpixels.com - Tracker - NA - Head & chest on Paw Patrol crest
7. Hallie W - CA - Etsy MakerMini - Monkey - NA - Side view, smiling w/ curly tail
8. Sharon H - UK - Adele Welsby - Harry & His Bucket Full of Dinosaurs - Pg 84 - Boy carrying bucket w/ dinosaurs peeking out of bucket & pockets
9. Lisa T - AZ - my-cross-stitch-patterns.com - Peppa Pig & Friends - NA - Group playing in mud
10. Carol O - HI - Etsy DeLoraiPatterns - Baby Elephant - NA - Blue w/ yellow star on forehead, looking back over shoulder
11. Debbie S - AL - Etsy UniqueDoorSigns - Lightning McQueen - NA - Red car from CARS movies, facing right
12. Jen H - IL - Etsy LetsMakeCrafts - Mater - NA - Tow truck from CARS movies, facing left
SIGNUPS FOR THE QUILT ARE CLOSED