Birth Date: May 29, 2005
Due Date: November 1, 2020
Dalton's journey began in late April with swollen lymph nodes behind his ears. We did several labs and although they didn't look good, they could be related to a virus. Follow-up labs looked a bit worse but still did not give us a clear picture. His father and I did not think it was a virus because he had been quarantined for about 6 weeks due to Covid risks. Dalton was a picture of health. The Nurse Practitioner, Kayla, did a 3rd set of labs. This time when the results started coming back, the lab pathologist called his NP and questioned whether we were considering leukemia or lymphoma.
Kayla called me and said she wanted Dalton to see Hematology the next day. She told us her concerns, and that Dalton just needed more tests. May 1st Dalton went to the Oncology clinic. He looked great, healthy eater and a trained athlete. He was no longer having pain and swelling behind his ears. He didn't know why he had to be there. We met the Oncologist, Dr. Spiller, and immediately felt comfortable with her. She did numerous labs, one after another came back minimally off, nothing overly concerning, however not normal. The Pathologist told her he thought there were blasts, cancer cells. Just before the end of the day, Dr. Spiller came into the room, and told us she just received the call, Dalton has leukemia. Since it is Friday afternoon, if I felt comfortable with taking care of him, he could go home over the weekend, then Monday, May 4th, treatment would start.
May 4th started our invasive leukemia journey. Dalton was admitted to East Tennessee Childrens Hospital. He had a port placed, a lumbar puncture to test his spinal fluid and to give him chemo into the spine. He had his bone marrow aspirated as well. He spent the next 4 days in the hospital. Many kids spend more time there but Dalton is extremely healthy and responded well to all treatment. He has gone through 3 lumbar punctures. On June 9th he was released from ETCH after receiving 3 new chemotherapy drugs yesterday.
Our journey is one of complete shock but has grounded us more in our faith, love of each other, and belief that Dalton will do fine with treatment
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Jeanne O - TX - Stitch Shots - Waikiki Beach & Diamond Head - NA - Beach, mountain, palm trees, sunset, etc.
2 - Joan M - AZ - Etsy DailyCrossStitch - Aloha - NA - "Aloha" in blue script w/ pineapple for the "O"
3. Karen B - PA - Etsy VladaXStitch - American Samoa National Park - NA - Beach scene
4. Debbie S - AL - Etsy StitchesLoversShop - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - NA - Volcano erupting
5. Jen H - IL - Etsy VladaXStitch - Hawaii Map - NA - Island chain w/ beach scene in big island
6. Mary Z - CA - Etsy SimpleWaveStudio - Surfer - NA - Surfer silhouetted in blue wave
7. Sandy S - MO - Etsy ClimbingGoatDesigns - Turtle- NA - Sea Turtle outline w/ beach scene inside
8. Alexia R - MN - Life's an Adventure by Nanci - Surfing - Pg 2 - Surfer on red board w/ big wave
9. Melinda S - GA - Etsy ArtByMariana - Hawaii Sunset - NA - Full sunset background w/ palms, umbrella & chair
10. Kaye S - OK - Time to Remember - Tropical Vacation - Pg 48-49 - Collage of beach, surfing, vacation, etc. items
11. Steph L - ID - G&P's Sports That Count - Surfing - Pg 23 - Silhouette of surfer & wave w/ "Surf's Up Hawaii"
12. Peggy G - FL - cross-stitch-patterns.eu - Tiki God - NA - Statue surrounded by greenery
13. Gail B - ID - The Cross Stitcher 8/09 & 7/19 - Beach ABC & Fiona Crouch Turtle - Pg 65&9 - Turtle w/ "Aloha" above & "Hawaii" under
14. Vicki R - CT - creativekeepsakes.com - Aloha Hawaii CK110 - NA - Sampler w/ map, flag, pineapple, goose, etc.
15. Nancy S - NJ - Postcards from Paradise - Wailua Falls - NA - Mountain & waterfalls
16. Carol H - PA - Etsy StitchingLand - Surfboards - NA - 5 boards standing in sand w/ ocean background
17. Carolyn P - MA - Etsy StitchigLand - Beach Hut - NA - Hut, palm tree & surfboard w/ ocean background
18. Polly P - OK - Janice Mattox Baldwin - Diamond Head - NA - Beach w/ Diamond Head on left & Honolulu skyline background
19. Sue B - TN - Etsy StitchItPicasso - Sea Star - NA - Ocean & sand background w/ starfish & shells
20. Bonnie W - WA - Imaginating - Four Sailboats - NA - 4 multi-colored sailboats w/ rope borders
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED