Birth Date: November 1. 2002
Diagnosis: Gastroparesis & Dysautonomia
Theme: Encouragement -
with Lime Green & Turquoise
(Suggested DMC colors:
3845-3846 & 703-704)
Due Date: August 1, 2020
In February 2019 Courtney started to lose weight and have stomach pain. Her gallbladder was removed in April 2019. We thought things would get better, but it actually got worse. Courtney was still losing weight, and her activities were being affected. She had always been so active and loved playing basketball. People thought she had a eating disorder, but we knew she did not.
August 2019 she was admitted to the hospital. They diagnosed her with Gastroparesis, a disease that affects how food moves through your digestive tract. She received a feeding tube. Later she was diagnosed with Dysautonomia, which may affect the functioning of the heart, bladder, intestines, sweat glands, pupils, and blood vessels. In the past 7 months, the doctors have tried many different medicines and treatments. All have failed. The next step will be to place a more permanent feeding tube directly into her stomach.
Courtney is currently a junior in high school. She refuses to let this illness get her down.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Bonnie W - WA - Cross Stitch & Needlework 5/13 - The Best of Spring - Pg 17-19 - "The Best Is Yet To Come" w/ flowers
2. Angela T - CA - Dimensions - Dreamcatcher - NA - W/ "Follow Your Dreams"
3. Sandra P - MA - Stoney Creek's Words to Live By #2 - Smile - Pg 12-13 - "Smile" w/ smiley faces & encouraging quotes
4. Doreen P - IL - Etsy CrossStitchByKayla - Never Stop Dreaming - NA - Words in colors requested
5. Fran G - WI - Stoney Creek's Words to Live By #1 - Hope - Pg 4-5 - "Hope" w/ hummingbird & encouraging quotes
6.Alexia R - MN - Imaginating - Holiday Blues- NA - "Joy" w/ an owl atop each letter
7. Kaye S - OK - Stoney Creek leaflet #283 - Stop & Smell the Flowers - Pg 1-2 - "Don't forget to ...." w/ vines & small yellow flowers
8. Sandy S - MO - Stoney Creek's Words to Live By #1 - Dance - Pg 8-9 - "Dance" w/ umbrella & encouraging quotes
9. Susan L - MI - Cross Stitch & Needlework - Bloom - Pg 41 - "Bloom" w/ flowers & butterfly
10. Louise P - CA - Silver Creek - Dandy Dreams - NA - Dandelion w/ "Take a breath, gently blow, spread your dreams, let them grow"
11. Gwenda L - FL - Etsy DigiCrossStitch - Dare to Stand Out - NA - Zebra w/ colorful stripes
12. Laura N - PA - World of Cross Stitch 5/19 - Positive Affirmation Cards - Pg 26-27 - "Life is tough but so are you" w/ banner
13. Mary Z - CA - Etsy SevenGnomesStitchery - She Believed She Could So She Did - NA - Saying w/ small flowers
14. Ginny H - ID - Ursula Michael - I Know I Am Awesome - NA - "I may not be perfect but I am awesome" w/ large exclamation point
15. Sharon H - UK - Etsy Stitchrovia - Shoot for the Moon - NA - "... Even if you miss you'll land among the stars" w/ quarter moon & stars
16. Lisa T - AZ - Etsy BurcukoDesign - Believe You Can - NA - Saying w/ whimical ladybug
17. Julie L - PA - Stoney Creek's Words to Live By #2 - Love - Pg 10-11 - W/ flowers
18. Carol - PA - Everything Cross Stitch - Stars - NA - "When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars"
19. Peggy S - FL - Etsy KeenStitch - Amazing Day - NA - "Let's make today a ridiculously amazing day" w/ star
20. Jackie B - NC - Self design per Mother's request - Awareness Ribbons - NA
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED