Birth Date: December 15, 2015
Diagnosis: Hydrocephalus &
Dandy Walker Syndrome
Theme: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Due Date: June 1, 2019
Oliver has Obstructive Hydrocephalus and a rare brain deformity called Dandy Walker Malformation, both of which have no known cure. He is also living with an inoperable cyst at the base of his brain. Oliver has had multiple surgeries. We've seen him go from no movement with severe balance and motor skill delays, severely impaired vision, hearing, and speech impairments due to this condition to what we are seeing today after 3+ years of therapy! He is also bravely battling Autism.
Oliver has two fully functional shunt devices in his brain that keep him alive. Right now a shunt is the only treatment for Hydrocephalus and it requires brain surgery. Sadly the shunt has one of the highest failure rates of any surgical treatment. Oliver's first shunt was put in when he was 3 months old. After that shunt failed, a second one was surgically implanted to save his life. Then his cyst was surgically shunted as well.
Without these shunts, he will die. If his shunt fails and our family isn't quick enough to see the signs, he will die. My husband works incredibly hard to provide for our family so that I can devote my life to making Oliver's quality of life better. Part of my devotion is advocacy for our child and for his conditions. We hope one day to find a cure for Oliver and for people like him living with Hydrocephalus.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Pam R - WA - Hydrocephalus Awareness Ribbon - Special request from family
2. Gwenda L - FL - Kim-3.gallery.ru - Mickey Fishing - NA - Mickey w/ pole & fish
3 - Sandy G - VA - wcascAde40blog - Mickey Mouse Club Logo - NA - Mickey's face in center of logo
4. Melissa G - WA - Alexstitches.com - Mickey Mouse- NA - Standing w/ arms outstretched
5. Fran G - WI - G & P's Walt Disney Characters - Donald Duck - Pg 3 - Standing, tipping hat
6. Debbie S - AL - Leisure Arts' Mickey Unlimited - Goofy on the Beach - Pg 72-73 - Standing & looking at water, holding life preserver
7. Scharlet D - PA - Leisure Arts' Mickey and Friends - Pluto - Pg 35 - Sitting, looking right
8. Gail S - MD - Leisure Arts' Mickey Unlimited - Pluto in the Doghouse - Pg 48-49 - With doghouse, bowl & bone
9. Julie L - PA - Leisure Arts' Mickey Unlimited - Crusin' - Pg 26-27 - Mickey driving & the rest of the gang riding in a car
10. Gina E - IN - Paragon's Walt Disney - Minnie Mouse - Pg 17 - Wearing a flower hat
11. Sandy S - MO - My-Cross-Stitch-Patterns.com - Daisy Duck Rhythmic Gymnastics - NA -
Wearing pink & twirling pink ribbon
12. Lisa T - AZ - alexstitches.com - Goofy - NA - Scratching his head, standing facing right
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED