Birth Date: January 21, 2009
Diagnosis: Biliary Atresia
(REALISTIC and WHIMSICAL)
Due Date: June 1, 2019
Adeline was born January 21, 2009. We thought she was slightly jaundiced, but took her home assuming it would clear on it's own. Little did we know the road that lay ahead. A month later we found ourselves at the hospital, handing our sweet, petite baby girl over to a surgeon because of a life threatening liver disease ... Biliary Atresia.
The first 2 years of Adeline's life were spent in and out of the children's hospital. Infections, bleeding varices and uncontrollable fevers consumed our lives. Eventually, as time passed, it became our new "normal".
As Adeline grew, her health improved. She finally began to gain weight. She started meeting milestones. Adeline started school and was a superb student. Life began to feel comfortable.
Last year Adeline's liver disease reminded us how unpredictable life can be. She has been in and out of the hospital for weeks at a time. She is so brave through it all. In July she was listed for a Liver Transplant. We are currently patiently waiting for the call that will hopefully save her life.
UPDATE: Adeline received her new liver on November 30th. The initial hospitalization was 29 days. Since then she has been back to the hospital and the OR for procedures related to obstructions, etc. She was most recently released on January 30th.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Inez D - SC - Cross My Hearts' Life is a Zoo - I'm in the Pink - Pg 16 - Standing on 1 foot w/ top hat & cane, facing right
2 - Leigh M - TN - Etsy CrossStitchWithArt - Embrace Your Inner Flamingo - NA - Whimsical w/ words
3. Carol L - PA - Etsy HallStitch- Flamingo - NA - Standing in water, facing left w/ lotus flowers & plants
4. Gwenda L - FL - Etsy KatManDooDesigns - Flamingos With Heart - NA - 2 facing each other w/ pink heart between their necks
5. Julia E - OH - Punto De Cruz - Flamingo - NA - Standing w/ sand, sun & 2 palm trees
6. Sandy G - VA - Passionbrode77.canalblog - Amoureux - NA - 2 facing each other w/ heads & necks forming a heart
7. Karen B - PA - Etsy Axebe - Flamingo on Tropical Beach - NA - With flowers, palm tree, sun and water
8. Jeanne O - TX - Dailycrossstitch.com - Flamingo Love - NA - 2 standing facing each other, all pink design
9. Ginny H - ID - Stoney Creek's Sea & Sun - Flamingo - Pg 2-3 - With foliage & palm trees
10. Janis A - MI - Birds of Color - Wading Flamingos - Pg 9 - 3 realistic flamingos w/ palm tree on the right side
11. Jani P - CT - Jeanette Crews' Flamingobet - Love, Joy, Hope - NA - Flamingo alphabet, will spell words
12. Joyce H - VA - Etsy AllPerfectPatterns - Flamingo - NA - With large sunset & flora
13. Mary Ann M - MO - Etsy TheSpottyTurtle - Tropical Flamingo Summer Sun - NA - 2 w/ palm trees, flowers & a pineapple
14. Sandra P - FL - eBay Design-works - Flamingo - Kit - Standing on beach w/ water and palm fronds in background
15. Gail B - ID - Etsy WellStitches - Flamingo #004 - NA - Holding polka dot umbrella & wearing one polka dot rain boot
16. Steph L - ID - Etsy KatrinKnitting - Flamingo Kids - NA - Fluffy looking, on 1 leg, facing right
17. Ruth K - MO - Etsy Axebe - Flamingo in Fauna - NA - In front of various tropical flowers & foliage, facing left
18. Peggy G - FL - DMC.com - Flamingo - NA - On one foot in small pool of water, facing right
19. Kaye S - OK - Country Cross Stitch's Seashore Classics - Flamingo - Pg 10-11 - Realistic, standing in water, facing right
20. Susie K - WA - Etsy XandraStitch - Flamingos - NA - 2 facing each other, 1 w/ head down
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED