Birth Date: December 22, 2015
Diagnosis: ALL Type B
Theme: Dolls & Teddybears
Due Date: May 1, 2019
Emma was supposed to have her tonsils and adenoids removed on December 3rd. Instead she was admitted with a virus. Her CBC came back with what appeared to be leukemia cells. The next day they did a bone marrow biopsy and a spinal tap. The results would reveal what type of Leukemia she has. Emma's blood cell testing came back with B type ALL.
The signs Emma had leading to this ... first was epstein barr virus (mono). Case studies suggest a link between the virus and increased chance in kids with Down syndrome and Leukemia. She also had a rash that had some petechiae. All explained away in association with the mono. Next I noticed Emma's energy and stamina decreased. She seemed to have a 5 week long cold. Her rapid breathing and choking on drainage led us to the ER.
Hematology said her spinal fluid appeared clear. They do not believe the cancer is in her spinal fluid. Emma started chemo on December 6th. Initial treatment is the most intense, where she'll likely lose her hair, feel horrible, and be required to to stay in the hospital. The goal is remission within a month, chemo by taking a pill at home for 2 years, and monthly follow up at the clinic. Typically, those with Down syndrome have to be watched more closely for adverse reactions during treatment.
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 12 signups
1. Kris P - NC - LA's Confetti Surprise - Bear with Balloons - Pg 3 - In pink w/ balloons & a trumpet
2. Karen B - PA - SC's Fun Stitches Too - Love You - Pg ? - Bear surrounded by "Love" & hearts
3. Karen D - WV - Adorable Pals - This is Me - Pg 1 - Well-loved bear with descriptive words
4. Angela T - CA - Precious Moments Babies - Jesus Loves Me - Pg 6 - Girl holding doll, will omit words
5. Fran G - FL - G&P's Down Petticoat Lane - Summertime - Pg 9 - Doll next to a flower basket
6. Jani P - CT - Good Natured Girls' Big Book of Teddies - Sweet Dreams - Pg 23 - Bear in nightgown & slippers, holding story book and teddy bear
7. Sandy S - MO - Jane Currie's Raggedy Ann & Andy - Raggedy Ann - Pg 2-3 - Standing w/ hand stretched out to side
8. Ellen S - NZ - Catia Dias - Birth Announcement - NA - Doll w/ jack-in-box - Doing part of design only
9. Kaye S - OK - G&P's Raggedy Ann & Andy - Sweet Little Girl - Pg 14-15 - Ann holding a pink lollipop
10. Amy L - VA - G&P's Down Petticoat Lane - Our Hearts are One - Pg ? - 3 dolls sitting in a row
11. Leigh M - TN - G&P's Down Petticoat Lane - Friends Listen With the Heart - Pg 6 - Doll w/ 2 smaller dolls sitting on quilt on bench, & a basket
12. Sharon H - UK - Etsy OlechkeCrossStitch - Baby Doll - NA - In purple, holding a blue bird
SIGNUPS FOR THIS QUILT ARE CLOSED