Birth Date - September 18, 2007
Diagnosis - ALL
Due Date: 12/1/18
Daniel was first diagnosed with ALL Leukemia two days after Christmas in 2010. He was 3 years old. He finished treatment May 4, 2014. Two years from that date Daniel was considered to be a Leukemia survivor. I refused to celebrate until that day for fear of a relapse.
November 14, 2017 was like any other day. Daniel went to school, came home, did his homework, had some leftovers, then went out to play with some neighborhood kids and his brother. About 30 minutes later his brother came running as fast as he could to the house. He said Daniel had a seizure. I called 911 and Daniel was rushed to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta. After 2 agonizing days we found out that Daniel had relapsed. This time the leukemia came back on the left side of his brain. That was what caused the seizure. This time the treatment is much stronger and he will need radiation to his brain.
JULY UPDATE: Daniel is doing OK. He has been fighting problems with his pancreas since January so he hasn't been on chemo for almost 3 months. They did radiation in May. Earlier in his treatment than was planned. He will have surgery on July 20th to place a stent in his pancreas before he starts chemo again.
Things are kind of up in the air right now. He still has 2 years of treatment left. We're taking it a day at a time and praying for that cure!
Below is a list of patterns that have been chosen for this quilt.
Please check this list for duplications before signing up.
Link to sign-up form is at the bottom of the list.
Accepting 20 signups
1. Gwenda L - FL - DC Comics Super Heroes - Batman & Robin - Pg 17 - Batman standing & Robin kneeling
2. Sandra P - FL - i.pinimg.com - Batman - NA - Leaping forward & reaching
3. Jeanne O - TX - Raphael & Awesome Pizza, Dude - Raphael - NA - Standing
4. Frank O - TX - Donatello & Teenage Mutant Turtles - Donatello - NA - Standing
5. Melissa G - WA - Etsy HallStitch - Hulk Silhouette - NA - With Bruce Banner cutout
6. Carol L - PA - DC Comics Super Heroes - Man of Steel - Pg 4 - Superman breaking chains
7. Carolyn P - MA - my-cross-stitch-patterns.com - Spiderman - NA - Crawling forward
8. Mary M - CA - DC Comics Super Heroes - Batman - Pg 18 - Standing w/ bats flying around
9. Debbie S - AL - DC Comics Super Heroes - Supergirl - Pg 14 - Flying
10. Jennifer H - AZ - Etsy HallStitch - Capt. America Silhouette - NA - With cutout & shield
11. Cozi H - AZ - Etsy HallStitch - Thor Silhouette - NA - With cutout & hammer
12. Cozette H - AZ - Etsy HallStitch - Ironman Silhouette - NA - With cutout
13. Rita L - MI - Etsy AwesomePatternStudio - The Avengers - NA - Ironman, Thor, Hulk & Capt. America w/ shield
14. Pam T - TX - DC Comics Super Heroes - Last Son of Krypton - Pg 3 - Superman standing
15. Ginny H - ID - DC Comics Super Heroes - The Flash - Pg 9 - Running w/ city silhouette
16. Dona R - WA - Craftsy Pixystitches - Justice League - NA - 6 logos forming a circle
17. Mary M - CA - DC Comics Super Heroes - Wonder Woman - Pg 16 - Deflecting bullets w/ her arm shields
18. Susan W - WA - Craftsy Pixystitches - Avengers - NA - 6 logos forming a circle
19. Carol H - PA - Etsy PopularCrossStitches - The Incredibles - NA - Characters posing
20. Pam R - WA - Italian magazine - Batman - NA - Head shot